NRS will join an amazing group of organizations to catalyze commercial solar growth in the Central Appalachian region. A big shout out and thank you to Appalachian Voices for leading the charge! Check out Appalachian Voices press release here and stay tuned for more updates to come in October!
The team estimates that this grant from the Appalachian Regional Commission will unlock the following in Central Appalachia:
- create 282 new jobs
- attract $7.9M in private investment
- generate $5.4M in energy savings
- deploy 64 new commercial- and institutional-scale (C&I) solar projects
- with a combined 4.9 MW of solar capacity
- that will offset 6,715 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions